Is there anything more classic than a red lip? I think not. To help achieve this look flawlessly, here are some tips to help you along the way!
- Wear minimal makeup; let your lips do the talking! No pun intended, I swear! When you wear a heavy eye with a bright red lip, they battle each other for who is more mighty. Okay, maybe that’s not how it works but they’ll definitely be conflicting with one another and that’s a no-no.
- Take your time; as the saying goes, practice really does make perfect. And you won’t achieve that classic red lip while applying your lipstick in the back of a taxi.
- Liner or no liner?; if you prefer to use a liner, chances are you won’t find an exact match to your red lipstick. Instead, grab a liner closest to your natural lip color. That way, you won’t end up with an accidental two-tone effect.
- Make your color last longer; no one likes it when their lipstick has disappeared as the day goes on. So, to prolong that gorgeous color, there are two ways:
- To get that desired matte effect, simply apply your red lipstick first then follow up with a powder (like foundation) on top. Make sure to use a fresh brush and clean it afterward to get rid of all the red color.
- To minimize the matte effect, apply a powder first then apply red lipstick on top.
- Bleed no more; if you experience “bleeding” when you put on your favorite red, simply apply concealer to the outside of your lips, keeping close to the border of your mouth.
- No red teeth; it’s like a scene from a comedy show when you smile and all you see is red lipstick smeared all over. Not cool. So, to prevent that from happening ever again, insert your index finger into your mouth (I know, gross.) after applying lipstick, close your lips around it then pull it out. Any color that would’ve ended up on your teeth is now on your finger. Wash your hands and continue on with your day.
+ And there you have it! Do you have any tips for when you rock your favorite red lipstick?